Friday 26 March 2010

It's a dark & dreary morning


6 more squares - a tiny collagraph print & pen, a collection of bits & pieces stitched down, a creamy brooch to match the cuff, bits from the box, achillia seedhead sketch (they've almost all gone now) & some papers with rusty wire found behind the draining board during a bit of a clean up, yuck, how long has that been there, what, throw it away?!

Everyone has been talking about Spring finally arriving & altho my daffs are finally up, the little dwarf ones (no pic yet, sorry) its been a wet & miserable, dark week, with a strong breeze. We're paying now (as they say up here) for a glorious winter (altho some said it was far too cold).

It's amazing how the weather affects people so strongly, it's just there surely & you put on what you need, accordingly. Altho, having said that, I like weather that does something. Give me a howling wind, with me safe & warm inside, & I am exhilarated, the sound of rain on the rooftop is a crecendo (sp!) for my ears. Wonderful, makes you feel alive. Talk about the weather, me?

10 comments:

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

lol, the british favourits subject, dull and grey here and so depression begins to set in, I need that sunshine to make me come alive lol
great squares by the way ju x

artymess said...

these are great squares Lorna x

Numinosity said...

Yes I've noticed lately since I started following many blogs how much the weather plays into our moods and creativity.

Sometimes the funky days are perfect for staying in and creating but the energy and inspiration seems to come from the sunny crisp days. It's hard to stay in the studio on those days.

I like what you've done with your bits & such on your squares and am looking forward to see more of what you have to share.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Dark and dreary this morning too, but then the sun shone. These are wonderful, the tiny bird and the nested threads, bits of wonder in this world.

Julie said...

Lovely squares again Emma and I particularly like the collagraph.

Anonymous said...

Your squares are gorgeous.I agree with you about the weather. Its dull and dreary in Beauly today. We need some sun and warm weather now I think.Too dark for crafting, so I am off out with the camera.

Linda’s Textiles said...

The squares are an excellent idea - they look great too!
Thanks for visiting my blog & commenting.

Ro Bruhn said...

More gorgeous squares.
We are having lovely rain (that's how we see it) at present, we don't get that much of it, so we're happy when it happens.

Heloise said...

Murky grey afternoon. But yesterday was warm, sunnyish and good gardening weather.
No. two square is my favourite this time, they are all interesting.

jackie said...

Good morning, I hope its not snowing for you. Its a big achievement for me too,managing my blog, I could never have imagined 3 years ago being this computer literate.