Anyway, this week I chose Foxgloves & Forgetmenot - I took a pic of a forgetmenot ages ago but it's dissapeared & they're well over now. My beautiful foxgloves are almost gone, I do love them. I took this pic a couple of weeks ago.
Here's the sample
This may have gone a bit dark but I'm on the lap top tonight - normally it's set up to run on the pc moniter - & I find the density of the image changes quite a lot with the angle of the laptop screen. It's lovely to use tho, I can see us not bothering with the 'big screen' eventually mainly as it's a faff to plug it all back in & you can use the laptop anywhere in the house. More of that technology stuff!
Anyway, here's the hanging.
I'm pleased with how it's turned out, a little similar to last weeks but the flower colors are the flower colors. I'll hang them away from each other. More stitching needed. I just want to say how great it was that you all joined in the 'twig' debate. I loved everyone's helpful comments, loved the disscussion, thank you.
The next hanging's color choice came from the fabrics - I looked at the boxes in the corner my 'stitching room' & saw burgundy & burnt orange/terracotta. I lay down the background & then went into the garden to find the matching flowers. ;)
This is more purple than I thought - I seem to have 3 similar clematis, 2 I bought for my special birthday last year & one that flowered just after I took this pic mid week was probably a better color, more deep magenta - I thought it had died. You get the idea ( I seem to say that a lot!) The flower with it is a Hieracium Auranticum, a mouthful that really doesn't flow off the tongue & I never remember it. A weed really commonly called Fox & Cubs. I love it but it's going to seed now & I must go round cutting back, tho the wind & miserable rain today has probably saved me the trouble (a good day to be stuck working indoors) so I'll have triple the flowers next year. So I was thinking burgundy more than purple & anyway decided to use a lovely potentilla as my inspiration.
I came up with this sample
I realised at the last minute that I'd almost run out of gold thread, I mean how could that happen?! I had a look in the Middlest's fishing lure tying box - I'd given him some gold thread to tie with once - but I'd already had that one & not replaced it. ;( Luckily I had some copper metallic thread & look forward to using more of it on the sample & hanging. I thought I had some silver metallic that I could have used on the blue & purple hanging but that seems to have run out/dissapeared too. So more fme & some hand stitching needed too. I'll get there in the end.
We're off shopping in Inverness tomorrow - I'd swapped my days to be here for B&B as the DH & Middlest have got to go buy a black suit for the Merchant Navy/ Nautical College which starts end next month - number 2 flies the nest! I'm a little emotional to say the least, (but not in front of him!) They could have mentioned you'd need a plain suit before he bought a beautiful dark with pin stripe one for his interview - still, it got him in to college ;) We've only got a booking for tomorrow pm so I get the benefit of a 'day out' as no booking came in for tonight & I'll hit the shops & stock up on gold & silver metallic thread & more copper. A worthwhile investment I think.